Coping With a Child Who Has an Eating Disorder
- I will learn all I can about eating disorders and seek professional guidance for helping my child.
- I will participate in support groups, counseling and family therapy as recommended by treatment professionals.
- I will develop appropriate confrontation and conflict resolution skills to enhance respectful communication with my child.
- I will not “police” my child’s food intake or weight. Rather, I will talk directly to my child about my concerns.
- I will provide healthy and nutritional meals and I will not enable disordered eating behaviors by purchasing or preparing special foods.